Saturday, October 13, 2012

Us

This is my husband and me on our wedding day.  (Notice how I didn't say "I?"  Because you would never say "This is I."  Oh my gosh, one sentence into this, and I already digress into grammar talk.)



We met 12 years ago in a Hemingway lit class at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, which happens to be the BEST public university in this country.  This is Papa Hemingway.  He works into my story again later, and this is the first chance I've ever had to have his mug grace a blog entry.



Hubby & I got married almost ten years ago (!)--on November 29, 2002.  I always said I wanted to spend our tenth anniversary in Disneyworld: it was close to Thanksgiving, so I'd only miss a couple of days of school; our kids are toddling around, so they could spend a few days with my parents, who live close by; and it IS the happiest place on earth, so it's perfect for celebrating ten years of wedded bliss.


He had other plans...he came home with tickets to Paris, then a Eurostar trip to London, where we'd celebrate his aunt's nuptials to the man of her dreams.  Who was I to resist???

 This blog is a journal of our travels together...starting with this tenth anniversary trip (which happened two months early)...and hopefully, it will include travel journals of many other trips we take together.  


No comments:

Post a Comment